Upper Dolpo Trek is the enchanting traveling up in the Himalayas near the vicinity of the Tibet and Nepal border. The place contains the spectacular Himalayan ranges which include the mammoth Dhaulagiri Mountain. Trekking in Nepal at Dolpo region is termed as the strenuous as well as challenging which presents the unique wilderness adventure memories.
The main focus point of the Dhaulagiri Trek is the Shey Phoksundo Lake. Apart from this deepest lake of Nepal the Shey Gompa Monastery is another highlighting prospect of the region. Witness the plethora of the Himalayan animals and birds like blue sheep, yak, snow leopard, that and others in the region. The place is in the northern territory of Nepal. Therefore, the people rely upon the Tibetan Trade. The cultural and traditional beliefs, as well as the daily lifestyle, resembles that of the Tibetan counterparts. The major religion of the people residing in the Dolpo is Buddhism however in the remote parts they still practice Bonpo. The journey would be all the way following the Phoksundo River originated from the Lake itself.
Once you have reached the Shey Phoksundo you will be awestruck with the magnificent delights of the Mother Nature. The Himalayas smiling in the background and rocky terrain with beautiful landscape remind of the fairyland. The Lake is surrounded by the Himalayas and blessed by the diversified natural constituents. The experience of the subtropical to the alpine forests environment really makes the trip eventful. The journey passes by the Ringmo and further towards Palam crossing the cedar forest. The route comprises of the gigantic waterfalls and the rocky hills which would provide enough tranquility and wilderness adventure feeling. Observing such magnificence of nature the trekkers hardly get time to think about the fatigue. The Shey Phoksundo National Park visit is another element of the successful trip of the Upper Dolpo.
Book the Upper Dolpo Trek with the reliable team of the Nepal Unique Treks & Expedition. We will ensure you to have the great environment and impeccable hospitality while traveling to this off the beaten track.
Day 01: Arrival on Kathmandu airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Trekking preparation day.
Day 03: Kathmandu fly to Nepalgunj
Day 04: Nepalgunj fly to Jufal then trek to Dunai (2140m.)
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot (2537m.)
Day 06: Tarakot to Laina Odar (3370m.)
Day 07: Laina Odar to Ghyamgar (3756m.)
Day 08: Ghyamgar to Dho Tarap (3944m.)
Day 09: Rest day.
Day 10: Dho Tarap to Takyu (4209m.)
Day 11: Takyu to Yak Kharka, (4702m.)
Day 12: Takyu to Sugu Gaun (3840m.) via over Janta Bhanjyang (5221m.)
Day 13: Sugu Gaun to Saldang (3770m.)
Day 14: Saldang to Namgung (4430m.)
Day 15: Namgung to Shey Gompa (4160m.)
Day 16: Exploration day.
Day 17: Shey Gompa to Nangdalo Base Camp via Nangdalo pass (5360m.)
Day 18: Nangdalo Base Camp to Sallaghari (4325m.)
Day 19: Sallaghari to Ringmogaun Phoksundo, (3733m.)
Day 20: Exploration day.
Day 21: Ringmogaun to Rechi, (2940m.)
Day 22: Rechi to Kageni, (2413m.)
Day 23: Kageni to Jufal.
Day 24: Fly Jufal to Nepalgunj then fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 25: Your own program.
Safety is Very important for our clients while traveling with Nepal unique treks , you can conversation with your team leader has the control to amend or edit any part of the program if it consider necessary due to safety concerns .all effort will be made to kip to the above program ,outline itinerary .since adventure entails traveling in remote mountains region, we are not sure that we will not deviate from it .weather condition health condition of group member .unexpected trouble, natural accident . etc which is possible we can all provide to changes in program itinerary ,the leader will try to make sure that the tripe runs according to plan, but please try to be prepared to be comfortable if need
What is included in trip
• All hotel, airport arrival departure transfers
• 2 night hotel in Kathmandu 3star category on BB plan
• first night evening well come dinner, before departure Kathmandu farewell dinner
• all accommodation and food during the mountain
• English speaking tour leader (trekking guide) an experienced guide about tourism ,culture, religion, mountain, trekkers 1 assistant guide (Sherpa) porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers :1 porter )including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, food and lodging
• Nepal unique treks can provide which is returned after tripe completion (down jacket, sleeping bag , duffel trekking bag ,first add kid, trekking polls
• Nepal unique treks provide each trekking map, trekking t short
• All kind of necessary paper work times card, national park permit
• All government and local taxes
What is not included around the trip
• Nepal eatery visa fee (need to bring accurate US cash and two passport size photographs)
• Airport departure tax (per person rs:200)
• International airfare to and from Kathmandu
• Excess baggage charge
• You have won food around city, lunch, dinner, drinks and also in case of early return from the mountain then the scheduled itinerary
• Extra night accommodation in city because of early arrival ,late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason )then the schedule itinerary
• Travel and rescue insurance, encase (can help for organized helicopter hospital)
• Personal expenses (bar bills, battery charge, laundry, phone calls, extra porter, bottle or boiled water, shower etc:
• Tips for your travel guide, mountain guide, and porter, driver ,hotel staf