Gosainkunda Lake is situated in Rasuwa district, Langtang mountain region. This is one of the sacred religious sites of Hindu pilgrimage people where great festival held on August full moon day. On the auspicious august full moon day Hindu pilgrimage people from Nepal and India gather in Gosainkunda Lake to take holy bath. According to different Hindu religious books Gosainkunda Lake is directly related to Lord Shiva and Hindu people believe that if they take holy bath in this lake once in their life time their past sins will washed away and they get ultimate. Beside the religious importance Gosainkunda is also naturally attractive from where stunning glimpse of Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa and other numerous beautiful peaks can be seen. During Gosainkunda trek trekkers will crosses the several attractive ponds such as Dudh Kunda, Bhairab Kunda and Nag Kunda, can see the attractive waterfalls and pristine Rivers. Moreover, the trekking route of Gosainkunda goes through the Tamang villages where takers can know the unique Tamang culture.
During august full moon Shaman festival is performed by the Tamang ethnic people. According to Tamang Language Shaman means Dhami and Jhankri and the dance performed by these Dhami and Jhankri is called Shaman festival. For Shaman festival Tamang Dhami and Jhankri all over the Nepal gather in Gosainkunda Lake premises to perform their singing and dancing. On the full moon night of august Dhami and Jhankri spend whole night by singing and dancing. Moreover, Tamang Dhami and Jhankri believe that those who perform singing and dancing they become holy. In this festival junior Dhami and Jhankri obtain graduation from the senior Dhami and Jhankri. During this festival visitor also can see the Dhami and Jhankri’s way of deep spiritual practice. Gosainkunda Shaman festival is another important festival trekking trip of Nepal which offer beautiful natural scenery, important Hindu and Tamang festivals.
Highlights of the trek: Gosainkunda Lake, Shaman festival, Janai Purnima festival, numerous sacred ponds, artistic waterfalls, pristine rivers, stunning glimpse of the beautiful peaks such as Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa and unique Tamang culture.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer towards the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Dhunche, drive for about 7 hours and rest the night at hotel.
Day 03: Dhunche to Thulo Syabru village (2200m), trek for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at local guest house.
Day 04: Thulo Syabru village to Singh Gompa (3580m), trek for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at local lodge.
Day 05: Singh Gompa to Lauribina, trek for several hours and rest the night at tented camp.
Day 06: Laurebina to Gosaikunda (4381m) and rest the night at tented camp.
Day 07: Gosaikunda to Dhunche, trek back to the Dhunche and rest the night at local lodges.
Day 08: Dhunche to Kathmandu, drive will continue for about 7 to 8 hours and rest the night at Kathmandu.
Day 09: Farewell and final departure.
Safety is Very important for our clients while traveling with Nepal unique treks , you can conversation with your team leader has the control to amend or edit any part of the program if it consider necessary due to safety concerns .all effort will be made to kip to the above program ,outline itinerary .since adventure entails traveling in remote mountains region, we are not sure that we will not deviate from it .weather condition health condition of group member .unexpected trouble, natural accident . etc which is possible we can all provide to changes in program itinerary ,the leader will try to make sure that the tripe runs according to plan, but please try to be prepared to be comfortable if need
What is included in trip
• All hotel, airport arrival departure transfers
• 2 night hotel in Kathmandu 3star category on BB plan
• first night evening well come dinner, before departure Kathmandu farewell dinner
• all accommodation and food during the mountain
• English speaking tour leader (trekking guide) an experienced guide about tourism ,culture, religion, mountain, trekkers 1 assistant guide (Sherpa) porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers :1 porter )including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, food and lodging
• Nepal unique treks can provide which is returned after tripe completion (down jacket, sleeping bag , duffel trekking bag ,first add kid, trekking polls
• Nepal unique treks provide each trekking map, trekking t short
• All kind of necessary paper work times card, national park permit
• All government and local taxes
What is not included around the trip
• Nepal eatery visa fee (need to bring accurate US cash and two passport size photographs)
• Airport departure tax (per person rs:200)
• International airfare to and from Kathmandu
• Excess baggage charge
• You have won food around city, lunch, dinner, drinks and also in case of early return from the mountain then the scheduled itinerary
• Extra night accommodation in city because of early arrival ,late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason )then the schedule itinerary
• Travel and rescue insurance, incase (can help for organized helicopter hospital)
• Personal expenses (bar bills, battery charge, laundry, phone calls, extra porter, bottle or boiled water, shower etc:
• Tips for your travel guide, mountain guide, and porter, driver ,hotel staff