Mt. Dhaulagiri is the 7th highest mountain in the world which is situated in the central northern part of Nepal. Dhaulagiri trek and Dhampus peak are off the beaten trek that leads you to awe-inspiring passage to the Dhaulagiri massif which offers the panoramic view of the more than 30 peaks over 6000m. Dhampus peak is located in the east of the Dhaulagiri massif from where you can observe the surrounding beautiful natural scenery and the mountains vistas including 8000m Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Annapurna. In this trek, you cross the hidden valleys, high passes like French pass (5360m) and Thapa or Dhampus pass (5200m). The normal route to Dhampus Peak follows the west ridge, which connects Dhampus Pass (5200m). This trekking and peak climbing is the challenging journey which requires some mountaineering knowledge. The view of the Kali Gandaki valley, the thick forest, glaciers and the simple lifestyle of the ethnic inhabitants of the region like Magar, Gurung, Tahakali etc will definitely leave an unforgettable impression on your mind.
The challenging Dhaulagiri base camp trek with Dhampus peak climbing begins from the Beni after 7/8 hours drive from the Pokhara. Then we follow the bank of the Kali Gandaki River and ascend the lovely and unspoiled valley of the Myagdi Khola River. We traverse through the numerous picturesque villages like Darbang and Muri, thick forest, rugged mountains, high passes, hidden valleys etc. In this trekking and peak climbing, we get the chance to explore the ethnic culture of Gurung, Magar etc enjoying their warm welcome and friendly behavior. This trek is best for the adventure enthusiasts who get the adventurous experience which they will never forget. The best season to go for Dhaulagiri base camp trek with Dhampus peak climbing are autumn and spring when the weather is clear and you can have the clear view of the mountains as well as the natural scenery.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to the hotel and rest or visit at the leisure time.
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing program, visit the famous and beautiful places of Kathmandu.preparation trekking ,climbing gear
Day 03: Kathmandu to Beni drive for 8/9 hours and enjoy the beautiful view of the surroundings and drive towards the
Beni to stay the night at.
Day 04: Beni to Babichaur, stay the night at camp at Babichaur.
Day 05: Trek towards the Dharapani (1943m), trek for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at camp.
Day 06: Dharapani to Shebang, trek for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at Shebang at tented camp.
Day 07: Shebang to Muri, trek through the beautiful route and rest the night at camp.
Day 08: Muri to Bagar, walk for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at camp.
Day 09: Bagar to Dovan, trek for about 5 to 6 hours and rest the night at camp.
Day 10: Dovan to Pina, walk through the forest regions and rest the night at forest camp.
Day 11: Pina to Italian base camp, trek for about 6 to 7 hours and rest the night at tented camp.
Day 12: Italian base camp to Japanese base cmap, stay the night at tented camp.
Day 13: Japanese base camp to Dhaulagiri base cmap, view the wonderful view of the dhaualgiri peak and rest the night at
Day 14: Dhaulagiri base camp to French base camp and hidden valley , the night will be at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek towards the Dhampus high camp, rest the night at tented camp.
Day 16: High camp to summit of Dhampus peak(6012m) and back to the high camp, trek for about 7 to 8 hours and rest the
night at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom and stay the night at lodge over there.
Day 18: Fly towards the Pokhara and rest the day at Pokhara, stay overnight at hotel.
Day 19: Pokhara to Kathmandu, drive for about 7 to 8 hours and rest the night at hotel.
Day 20: Farewell and final departure towards the home destination.
Safety is Very important for our clients while traveling with Nepal unique treks , you can conversation with your team leader has the control to amend or edit any part of the program if it considers necessary due to safety concerns .all effort will be made to skip to the above program ,outline itinerary .since adventure entails traveling in remote mountains region, we are not sure that we will not deviate from it .weather condition health condition of group member .unexpected trouble, natural accident . etc which is possible we can all provide to changes in program itinerary ,the leader will try to make sure that the trip runs according to plan, but please try to be prepared to be comfortable if need
What is included in trip
• All hotel, airport arrival departure transfers
• 2-night hotel in Kathmandu 3star category on BB plan
• first night evening well come dinner, before departure Kathmandu farewell dinner
• all accommodation and food during the mountain
• English speaking tour leader (trekking guide) an experienced guide about tourism ,culture, religion, mountain, trekkers 1 assistant guide (Sherpa) porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers :1 porter )including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, food and lodging
• Nepal unique treks can provide which is returned after trip completion (down jacket, sleeping bag , duffel trekking bag ,first add kid, trekking polls
• Nepal unique treks provide each trekking map, trekking t short
• All kind of necessary paper work times card, national park permit
• All government and local taxes
What is not included in the trip
• Nepal eatery visa fee (need to bring accurate US cash and two passport size photographs)
• Airport departure tax (per person rs:200)
• International airfare to and from Kathmandu
• Excess baggage charge
• You have won food around city, lunch, dinner, drinks and also in case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary
• Extra night accommodation in city because of early arrival ,late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason )then the schedule itinerary
• Travel and rescue insurance, encase (can help for organized helicopter hospital)
• Personal expenses (bar bills, battery charge, laundry, phone calls, extra porter, bottle or boiled water, shower etc:
• Tips for your travel guide, mountain guide, and porter, driver ,hotel staff